Re: Cannot read .html files with (F3) in mc

On Sat, 8 Nov 2003, Keith Roberts wrote:

I'm running SuSE Linux 8.1 pro, with mc 4.5.55

When I try to read a .html file using the F3 key in mc, I
get the following error messages:

Error
sh: /tmp/mcextzSatPe: /bin/sh: bad interpreter: Permission denied

Error:
Empty output from child filter

I never used to have this problem with earlier versions of mc.
Can anyone point me in the right direction on this please?

Try mc 4.6.0.  It uses subdirectories under /tmp.  Maybe you are not
allowed to create executable files in /tmp or something like that.
Try running that file from another terminal, check its permissions.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin