Re: color problem on Debian with xterm (putty) at end of lines

 If you create ~/.terminfo, the
recompiled definition will go there.

mkdir ~/.terminfo
infocmp | sed s/bce,// >xterm.ti
tic xterm.ti

Thanks for this--it works for me on Red Hat 8 with putty 0.53b (which is the
current dist).

The one peculiarity is that the background color wants to default to black
instead of the color of my choice.  This is solved by entering "clear" at the
prompt--so that the screen then clears to my color.  But when using CTRL-O
to switch out of mc, the screen first clears to black and then fills with my
color.

Myron Turner   |   http://www.room535.org   | --land safely in cyberspace--