Re: Problems tranfering files over shell link (ssh).

On Tue, 6 May 2003, Pavel Machek wrote:

I've just checked the source of fileutils-4.1, and dd doesn't try to read
the rest of the block if part of the block has been read.  safe_read()
merely protects against reading nothing at all if the read() call is
interrupted.

Okay, you should report bug to the FSF. It really is bug.

Will do.

And its *safe*. [Please switch to bs=1. Being slow is way less
dangerous than running random commands through the shell].

Done.  I could copy mc sources over ssh without a single error.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin