Re: editing symlinked files

Am Montag, 10. März 2003 09:27 schrieb Pavel Roskin:
Hello, Christian!

When I edit a symlinked file with mc or mc -e, respectivly,
after saving it became an regular file. So the changes are
not applied to the original file and the symlink does not
exist any more. It this a correct behaviour of mc? Is this
configureable?

It is configurable.  It the editor menu select Options -> Save
Mode. Quick Save keeps the symlink and changes the original
file.  Safe Save writes to a separate file and then replaces
the symlink with it.

Thanks. "Quick Save" does the right job.
But then I cannot use "Do backups" anymore, can I?

Regards,
Christian