RE: Broken Background

Thank you, You didn't solve the problem but you pointed me to a workable solution.

I had to modify my terminal settings in puTTY amd place a tick in the "use background colour to erase screen" I wonder why it never disturbed me before now? anyway, now we know, and we can tell others.

Thanks again.

Shannon