Switching between horizontal and vertical split

Hi,

I am looking for a way to quickly tell mc to switch between horizontal
and vertical split modes. The reason is that I usually prefer vertical
split mode (where more files can be seen without scrolling) but want to
switch to horizontal split mode when working with files or directories
that have a long name (I don't want them truncated if possible with the
current terminal width). A hotkey for this switch would make me very
happy. :)

I looked at the man page, FAQ, recent changelogs and the TODO list, but
didn't found anything relevant to my need.

Can you give me a solution? Should I bring this "issue" to mc-devel?

Thanks in advance.

PS: I am not subscribed to the list, so please CC me on replies.

--
Florent