Re: color themes?

Hi Andreas,

Quoting Andreas Volz <andreas brachttal net>:

are there some "themes" for mc online. I played a lot with different
color schemes, but it's difficult to create some good looking color
schemes other than blue based.

I agree with you. I spent myself far more time on it as I should... ;-)

Has someone before created some good looking color schemes?

I created "white" theme. Uses mostly light colors for background. It keeps
standard blue backgroud for editing, because syntax colors
are optimized for blue.
I use old mc version 4.5.51, SSH, and red cursor.

I should create a screen-shot sometimes...

Following you need to enter (as one line!) into [Colors] section of
your .mc/ini file.

======================

[Colors]
base_color=normal=black,white:selected=black,cyan:marked=black,yellow:markselect
=black,cyan:
menu=black,cyan:menuhot=red,cyan:menusel=white,red:menuhotsel=white,red:
dnormal=black,cyan:dfocus=white,blue:dhotnormal=red,cyan:dhotfocus=yellow,blue:
input=black,white:reverse=black,cyan:
executable=red,white:directory=blue,white:link=green,white:device=red,:special=c
yan,:core=green,:
helpnormal=,cyan:helplink=red,white:helpslink=white,red

========================

Tip: If editing in mc, you need to switch Options >> Configuration >> Auto save
setup OFF, otherwise when exiting to re-read ini file, your changes will be
lost.

You can find this color scheme and short (one-page) cheat-sheet
of MC commands (and more) at:
http://twiki.med.yale.edu/twiki/bin/view/Tools/MidnightCommanderIntro

And don't ask why I dislike blue. I like it, but I like also sometimes
another color. ;-)

I got used to white background, too. Many fonts look better as dark
on light paper...

thanks

You are welcome!

Andreas

--
Peter Masiar, peter masiar yale edu, (203) 764-8131
I am not a lawyer. My ideas are NOT binding for University.