libter.so.2 dependency

I'd like to become an mc user. I have a retro Linux disto, Caldera 2.2,
and am attempting to install mc from a still older version of Caldera,
which didn't apparently
have the file libter.so.2 on the disk. Any idea where I can find this
file? And if it is
available, please let me now in what directory to put it (or install
it?) so that KPackage
will find it when I attempt to install mc again. Thanks in advance, and
I look forward to
becoming an mc user.

                                                    Les Mundwiler
(Winnipeg)