User menu

Hi!

I just installed the new 4.6.0 version of mc. I have the following little
problem: Every time when I start mc, the user menu is presented. I have to
press the escape key to close it. It is not too much work to do so, but I
am sure there is a way to avoid this behavior, right?

Even if I advice mc to save the setup, it still happends. This is since
mc-4.6.0-pre3. pre-2 was just fine.

I have two versions of mc on my system: the system wide 4.5.55 and the new
4.6.0 in my home directory. Is there any conflict in the .mc/ini file?

Any idea?

Thanks in advance!

Jan.