MC command line

I noticed some incompatabilities in the way mc processes command entered on
the command line. For example:
ps xaw | grep [m]ail
in bash gives only sendmail and any other program with mail in it's name but
not grep command too, while mc processes somehow the command line and fives
grep too. This is true for mc-4.55 or so and 4.6.0 too (and maybe others).
Don't remember now, but I think there was more serious problem too...

--
Regards,
  Doncho N. Gunchev