Re: Old versions of midnight commander

Hello!

Does anyone know where I might be able to find really old versions of
midnight commander? I'm interested in getting it running on a palmtop I
have which has quite tight memory restrictions, and the current versions
are too big. The earliest version I could find was 4.1.35..

Look for mc-3.2.11.tar.gz on http://www.alltheweb.com/ (FTP search).

But I don't think using an old version is the best approach.  There wasn't
too much code added since then.  You are better off disabling some parts
of mc, namely VFS, internal editor, subshell support.  I suggest that you
link mc against static glib - it doesn't use much of glib code.

If you need to save more space, it shouldn't be very hard to remove the
internal viewer, info panel and tree.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin