Re: Mc digest, Vol 1 #378 - 6 msgs

From: "Simon D Howard" <sdh300 ecs soton ac uk>
To: <mc gnome org>
Sent: Sunday, April 06, 2003 7:24 PM
Subject: Old versions of midnight commander

Hello,

Does anyone know where I might be able to find really old versions of
midnight commander? I'm interested in getting it running on a palmtop I
have which has quite tight memory restrictions, and the current versions
are too big. The earliest version I could find was 4.1.35..

Note that using a very old version of a software does not necessarily
imply using a software that consume less system resources.

Some softwares was at first almost not optimized. For instance, if you
would like a "light" mozilla, you shouldn't try a version before
1.0.0.

Can someone who used an  mc version < 4.1.35 can confirm that mc was
using less memory than now?

Aside from that, maybe deactivating almost all at ./configure step may
help.

Regards,

--
Mathieu Roy