Re: [MC]: better FAQ.

Peter Masiar <peter masiar yale edu> a tapoté :

Quoting Mathieu Roy <yeupou gnu org>:

MC's homepage mentions GNOME and URL is on GNOME.
I assume that www.ibiblio.org is more convenient for you to use,
than was gnome.org. I might be just me, but MC being just a folder
in some unrelated site feels cheap - and worse: not easy to remember.

I checked mc.sourceforge.net - it is not taken yet.
I can assume that sourceforge is here to stay - so this might be
permanent *respectable* homepage for MC.
With CVS and stuff on GNOME as now.

Since sourceforge.net promotes proprietary software* and since MC is part of
the GNU Project, it seems really unconvenient (and not *respectable*)..

(* use proprietary software, is proprietary software, publish ads for
proprietary softwares)

I did not noticed that. I am so used to adds I could not see them ;-)

I've seen many open-source projects to use SF.org.
I know Open source is not GNU, and do not want to start religion war. ;-)

If MC developers have this strong affiliation to GNU,
can we get URL mc.gnu.org? This will be even cooler than at SF.org!
And then redirect it to ibiblio - fine with me after that.

I'm only a user of mc.

Urls like emacs.gnu.org etc are planned by I do not know the current
plans about it.
In the meantime, Pavel can get http://www.gnu.org/software/mc

Sorry if I hurt anyone's feeling talking about hosting MC on
SF.org. ;-)

It does not hurts my feeling, I just found important to provide
informations about SF.net when needed.

One could says that being a Savannah Admin disqualify me for such a
discussion. The point is not that SF.net is bad. The point is now
SF.net and VA Software are no longer clearly affiliated with Free
Software (or Open Source, whatever the name).

Cheers,

--
mathieu

  [ http://humeur.coleumes.org : Ils sont fous ces gaulois II (suite) ]