Re: Midnight Commander jibberish in X windows

The problem is solved on my RH 8.0 now,
i did env -i TERM=xterm-xfree86 mc
and the strange symbols were gone when i browsed some binary files with the
internal editor, however, when i logged  (over ssh) in my self-compiled
system the glitch was there. I did like this:
# env -i ssh void
#pass:
void# env -i TERM=xterm-xfree86 mc

how is that possible ?

I think it's some other bug, maybe in your terminal or mc on the remote
side.  If you sre using xterm, try "xterm +u8".  If you want a more
detailed report, provide versions of all involved software.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin