Re: MC and vfs+dialog-boxes ?

It seems FISH is not working always... it blocks on coping and i have to exit MC and start it again..
Mandrake 9.0
mc -V
GNU Midnight Commander 4.5.55
Edition: text mode
Virtual File System: tarfs, extfs, ftpfs, mcfs, undelfs
With builtin Editor
Using S-Lang library with terminfo database
With subshell support as default
With support for background operations
With mouse support on xterm and Linux console
Using locale "en_US:en" (from environment variable LANGUAGE)

|> O yeah... after I browsed the arhives i found these "fishes" :"), works
|> great ... exactly what I wanted, but my question still stay... how to
|> use & handle DIALOG-boxes from inside MC...
|
|I have no idea what you mean.
]- i mean the ability for me to code something like this w/o using C/C++ of cource, but perl &/or bash :

1. User click say F2
2. choose option inserted there by me.(up to here everything is ok)
3. dialog box pop-up (created by my program) wich ask for a string/text
4. I enter say "SELECT * FROM table1"
5. When I hit ENTER, my script get's the input makes query to the database and then prepares output as
required by MC (like the other vfs scripts... tgz,rpm-browsers)
6. The results is displayed say on the right pane
...etc..

What I described here is simple Database browsing.. directly into MC

|> I want this so that for example i can make FireBird DB browser.... there
|> have to be some way to enter manualy SQL statements.. or at least access
|> some predified one !
|
|I don't know if anybody in this list is familiar with this program.  I'm
|not going to download it just to understand your question.
]- sorry for not clarifing, this is Burland Interbase database (but the open sourced version).

|> - is there other kay for auto-completion, I can't use Alt+Tab under
|> console-running on X, 'cause Gnome uses Alt-Tab for app switching
|
|FAQ, question 2.1.

]- !!!!
As I stated Alt+Tab is used by GNOME, so it can't be used by MC when I'm runing it in console under GNOME.
If I'm under "pure" console then there is no problem..

|Shift-middle-click should work on therminals that support it.  If it
|doesn't, report it as a bug, i.e. with version number, OS version, output
|of "mc -V", terminal name and whatever else you think is relevant.

]- aha my mistake... it works , sorry....

|> - On the most dialog-boxes there is  [^], how can I access it with the keyboard ?!
|
|Alt-h or Escape h.
]- thanx