Re: MC and vfs+dialog-boxes ?

Hello!

i know it will not be so hard to make MC work over ssh.. the only
problem is how I can pop to user a dialog where it can enter ...

name ip-address
and
password

There is no such dialog.  fish only works when ssh doesn't ask any
questions, i.e. you are using an empty passphrase or ssh-agent.

If ssh asks something while establishing fish connection, you can interact
with it in some conditions, but it usually looks ugly.

Better support for ssh interaction needs to be implemented.

O yeah... after I browsed the arhives i found these "fishes" :"), works
great ... exactly what I wanted, but my question still stay... how to
use & handle DIALOG-boxes from inside MC...

I have no idea what you mean.

I want this so that for example i can make FireBird DB browser.... there
have to be some way to enter manualy SQL statements.. or at least access
some predified one !

I don't know if anybody in this list is familiar with this program.  I'm
not going to download it just to understand your question.

- is there other kay for auto-completion, I can't use Alt+Tab under
console-running on X, 'cause Gnome uses Alt-Tab for app switching

FAQ, question 2.1.

-As i saw in the FAQ how to paste from X to MCEDIT with
shift+middle-click (or simultaneously left+right on 2-button mouse), but
how can I paste from X to mcedit...

Shift-middle-click should work on therminals that support it.  If it
doesn't, report it as a bug, i.e. with version number, OS version, output
of "mc -V", terminal name and whatever else you think is relevant.

Direct access from mc to the X clipboard is not supported.

I'm using middle click for all other apps

- On the most dialog-boxes there is  [^], how can I access it with the keyboard ?!

Alt-h or Escape h.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin