Re: Changing colors

Pavel Roskin wrote:

I'm understanding the colour settings better now....
I'm not going to answer you anymore - you don't do any research and don't
even read my replies.

Well, here's some more research:

If you send the linux 'terminal' a control code like:
  echo -e "\33[44m"
then this will give your command line a dark blue background.
  echo -e "\33[0m"
  echo -e "\33[m"
returns the background back to normal.

If you do the same command in an xterm, you'll get a light
blue background just like what you get by running mc in an

So, how do i adjust the colormapping in an xterm?
xstdcmap doesn't seem to do anything: