Re: Midnight Commander on Sun Sparc 2.5 with SunOS5

Hello!

Your message to the list was rejected because it was in HTML.  Please
don't send HTML to the mailing lists that don't specifically allow it.

Hi, MC users:  I want to install Midnight Commander in my Sparc
workstation with SunOS 5.  Yet I met some problems.  I do "sh
configure", "make", "make install" in turn. And the first two steps go
smoothly.  When I "make install", there are some error messages:

make: Fatal error: Don't know how to make target "install-data-local"
Current working directory /tmp/.../mc-4.5.55/doc-gnome/C
***Error code 1

I'm assuming you are using version 4.5.55.  You should try version
4.6.0-pre1 or the latest snapshot.  This problem was fixed by removing
doc-gnome directory.

And although i can run mc now, i have only black and white interface in
xterm or cshell, not a colored one.

This bug was also fixed after 4.5.55 and before 4.6.0-pre1.

And i can't do drag & drop with mouse in MC.

This still doesn't work and I don't think it will ever work.

Any of you have had the same experience as I? and any solution to it?

I remember seeing similar reports about failures in the "doc-gnome"
directory.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin