Re: transparent MC ?

Dear raptor,

On Tue, 26 Nov 2002 17:49:11 -0500, among other things, you wrote:

   raptor> |mc --colors
directory=green,default:executable=brightgreen,default:link=brightmagenta,default:device=brightblue,default:special=brightred,default:normal=lightgray,default:selected=lightgray,brown:marked=yellow,default:markselect=yellow,brown:core=cyan,default

   raptor> when I try this in gnome-terminal with 50%
   raptor> transparency directories and executables become
   raptor> invinsible, except when "selected"...

I use this in an eterm with dark pixmap bakground. I also
tested this in a transparent eterm on a dark desktop
bakground. It works fine.

It is possible that the gurus have an explanation
for the failure in your case.

Regards,
luis

--