midnight bug - feature request

Hello to all the MC fan!

I'd like to present a bug report, and ask for some new feature.

First of all, the bug: in the latest versions of mc, i have found that
in normal user mode there are some problem with the colors. When I'm
running mc as a root, no problem. The problem is something like that the
background filling algorithm not working. When I start the program, the
menu bar at the top remains black, it is just cyan still the end of the
"Right" word. After I press F4 for editing a file, the editor comes with
a black background - just where are characters in the file going to
blue.

I'm using the latest snapshot, the bug is the same in the last days. As
I can remember, the same bug happened to me a long time ago, but I can't
remember clearly. The system is a Debian 3.0, the program was builded
from source. I use it remotely, from a PUTTY client (it's on a server).
The version in the Debian distribution works well, without any problem.
If you have any other questions about my configuration, please tell me.

----

And the feature request: I miss some (i think) easy to implement feature
from the editor. First of all, the most important for me is to save the
position of the cursor when I leave a file, and when I go back, start at
the same position. The other is a small modification on "bracket
matching". Currently, when I'm on a bracket, it shows the other bracket.
My request is, that I'm after (maybe before) a bracket, show the other.

I've read in the archive, that somebody else has asked for position
saving before. You told, that there's no really need for it. I don't
think so: all the people I know using Midnight told me during our
conversations, that it would be a good feature.

The bracket matching modification. Why I ask it is that when i'm typing
a program, I close and close brackets, and _after_ when I'm closed the
last one (as i think), i would like to see, where is the opening bracket
for the last one I put there. At this time, I'm (my cursor is) not _on_
the bracket, I'm (my cursor is) _after_ it, so I have to move back to
check for it.

Other features (but I know that is not so easy to implement) are to make
Midnight a full-featured IDE for programming. Auto completition, code
hinting, etc. I think you just need to make an API and create a plugin
system, and make _able_ MC to do it, and a lot off volunteer will do it.
That's why I think, that FAR Manager is the best commander clone. ;) But
the problem with it, that it's do it on Win... :(

Thanks for all,
a Midnight fan,
  Andras Barthazi