From: "Boris Kaplun" <b_kaplun mailru com>
To: <mc gnome org>
Sent: Monday, March 04, 2002 11:28 AM
Subject: MC + UTF8?

Hi all,

does MC (stable/dev) support UTF8 in console now (as of March 2002)?
I tried UTF8 with 4.5.51 that comes with Slackware 8.0, kernel 2.4.17,
ncurses 5.2, slang 1.4.3.
I used kbd 1.06 (also standard on Slackware 8.0) to switch to unicode
mode.
It seems to work though the graphic charecters are not displayed so it
looks
bad.
I tried all fonts from the kbd package supporting cyrillic as well as the
ones from console-tools-cyrillic by Vitus Wagner.
Is there any solution available? Could it be font problem?
Regards,
Boris Kaplun
b_kaplun mailru com