Re: Midnight Commander home page

On Mon, 25 Feb 2002, Pavel Roskin wrote:

Hi, Nate!

Sorry for inconvenience.

I managed to grab the CVS but was unable to build it - it complained,
something like:

autoheader:  shell error sourcing /tmp/aXXXX/traces.sh

That's actually almost exactly what I get.  Here's the full output, along
with autoheader:

natedac daconcepts ~/mc$ ./autogen.sh
autoheader: error: shell error while sourcing /tmp/ah9323/traces.sh
natedac daconcepts ~/mc$ autoheader --version
autoheader (GNU Autoconf) 2.50
Written by Roland McGrath.

Copyright 1992, 1993, 1994, 1996, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001
Free Software Foundation, Inc.
PURPOSE.
natedac daconcepts ~/mc$

Autoconf is 2.50.

I no longer need to compile it, since I found out what the problem was.

This patch exists (if I understand your problem correctly), but I haven't
applied it yet.  You can try "mc -x" in the meantime.

In version 4.5.55 (the one supplied with Slackware), the -x switch doesn't
seem to do anything.

Again, more info could be useful.

To be more exact, if I click on an item, such as a menu entry at the top,
or a filename in either panel, nothing happens.  Double-clicking selects a
word, click and drag selects a region.  It's as if I'm hjolding down the
Shift key to do a normal text selection.

In other words, I can't really use the mouse for anything but cut and
paste, at least not in ATerm.  Programs like PINE and Links seem to have
no mouse troubles in A-Term, though.

If I use X-Term, MC behaves as advertised.

It was broken.  It's fixed now, but it will be removed soon.  Command line
options are not the right way to permanently fix MC behavior on certain
terminals.

I agree. :)

--
|  natedac kscable com    //ZZ]__ |