Re: Midnight Commander home page

Hi, Nate!

natedac daconcepts ~/mc$ ./autogen.sh
autoheader: error: shell error while sourcing /tmp/ah9323/traces.sh
natedac daconcepts ~/mc$ autoheader --version
autoheader (GNU Autoconf) 2.50

It's a bug in Autoconf 2.50 that prevents autoheader from reporting the
real problem, i.e. that a higher version of Autoconf is required.  This
bug is fixed in Autoconf 2.52.

In the future, please always report versions of programs that actually
print error messages - unfortunately it's not uncommon for error messages
to be wrong.

I no longer need to compile it, since I found out what the problem was.

I see.  Autoheader really hated to admit that it was too old :-)

This patch exists (if I understand your problem correctly), but I haven't
applied it yet.  You can try "mc -x" in the meantime.

In version 4.5.55 (the one supplied with Slackware), the -x switch doesn't
seem to do anything.

Sorry, I forgot what was fixed when.  It should work in the current
snapshot though.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin