Re: problem with viewing large files

Hi Again Paval,

yeah i did mention the larger file ..thats why i found it little
confusing that it opened one but not the other, shift-f3 still gave me
that same error, but its good to know about that option.

Because i do data recovery and forensic stuff, i tend to deal with big
files alot so i'll do a little more testing in the morning and let you
know how i go.

thanks again
Adam

<paste>
I have one file thats 3.7Gb:
-rw-rw-rw-    1 root     root     3721035776 Feb  7 15:46 tapedata_1.dat

When i go to view this file, mc bombs and gives me the following error:

GLib-ERROR **: could not allocate -573931520 bytes

At first i though this was an error with Glib and lfs, however i
have another file even larger:
-rw-rw-rw-    1 root     root     4789108736 Feb 11 11:42 tapedata.001

I can view this file with no problems in both ascii and hex and search
throught the binary with no problems.
</paste>