Re: Syntax highlighting on Cygwin

On Wed, 4 Dec 2002, Pavel Roskin wrote:

/cygdrive/g/Linux/mc/src/layout.c: In function `init_curses':
/cygdrive/g/Linux/mc/src/layout.c:604: warning: assignment of read-only location

That's quite bad.  It can disable "mc -a" if mc is compiled
with ncurses.

mc -a works.

What's the version of ncurses?

I don't know. Cygwin uses a modified version. I'm using the
latest, 5.2-8.

As for the syntax highlighting, check if it's enabled in the
editor options.  With the CVS version, syntax highlighting is
not optional in the code - it's always compiled in.

It wasn't ! Works fine. Obviously doesn't on their precompiled
4.5.55-1, and there's no option to enable it.

BTW, I think some people complained about ^M when you edit DOS
files. I think I like it.

Thanks for your work Pavels. It's nice to have Midnight
Commander on Cygwin / Windows.

--
0 pervalidus {net, {dyndns.}org}