Re: help and info files: mc 4.5.51

Hi, Ferdi!

===================== start of quote ====================
M-y Moves to the previous directory in the history, equiv╜
alent to depressing the '<' with the mouse.
M-u Moves to the next directory in the history, equivalent
to depressing the '>' with the mouse.  Displays the direc╜
tory  history,  equivalent  to depressing the 'v' with the
mouse.
====================== end of quote =====================

Thank you for spotting this!  It's a result of a bad syntax of the MC
manual.  I have run troff with warnings enabled and fixed them all.

Now the manual reads:

       M-y Moves to the previous directory in the history, equiv╜
       alent to depressing the '<' with the mouse.

       M-u Moves to the next directory in the history, equivalent
       to depressing the '>' with the mouse.

       M-S-h,  M-H  Displays the directory history, equivalent to
       depressing the 'v' with the mouse.

I hope the typo has been fixed in the latest mc 4.5.55, but I do not have it.

No, it wasn't.  I appreciate that you found time to report it.

PS I'm logging into a Linux server via telnet from Windows.  I do not have
much knowledge to go and upgrade or modify the s/w on the Linux server.
I only know how to install a .rpm file - anything else is currently out of my
field of experience.

Run as root:

rpm -tb mc-4.5.55.tar.gz
rpm -U --force /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/*/mc-4.5.55*.rpm
rm -rf /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/mc*

Not very clean, but should work.

--
Regards,