Re: Closing MC closes files and programs.

On Tue, 27 Nov 2001 19:35:08 -0500 (EST)
Pavel Roskin <proski gnu org> wrote:

Hello, Christian!

Please always specify the version of the software for which you
are reporting the problem.  Not doing so assumes that all versions
(even those that you have never seen) have the same problem.  It
also discourages developers from making the changes, since the
users don't see the difference anyway.

Sorry! :) I am using MC 4.5.55 on Mandrake 8.1

I have fixed the problem you are describing and committed the
change to CVS.  The snapshot at
http://www.red-bean.com/~proski/mc/ should have this problem
fixed.

I need the snapshot to do what you describe below, or can I do that
in the version I am running?

The solution was to run background programs from subshell, i.e.
instead of this line:

      Open=soffice %f &

the following line should be used:

      Open=(soffice %f &)

This was done for some programs (ee) but not for the others
(staroffice).  Now it's done even for those programs that don't
need it (e.g. realplayer) so that the future contributors won't
make this error again.

I think I understand, but look at my question above :)

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin

--