Re: BeOS

Hi, Pavel.

select() in BeOS only works on sockets.  MC uses select() on file
descriptors.

I see. I tried BeOS once. It worked surprizingly well with all my
hardware.
However, I found that it is not free software! Therefore, indeed, we
should not bother about it too much, let BeOS people do that.

It should be possible to "emulate" select() by using asynchronous I/O, but
it's very ugly.  I don't know if that's what BeOS designers want programs
to do or it's a pure limitation with no "secret message".  I never
bothered to ask.

Steef