Re: BeOS

Hi, Steef!

Please be assured that I would never release a new version of Midnight
Commander with _known_ compile problems on any UNIX or POSIX system (BeOS
doesn't count due to select() braindamage).

I know it's a bit off-topic. But what exactly is the matter with
select() in BeOS?

select() in BeOS only works on sockets.  MC uses select() on file
descriptors.

It should be possible to "emulate" select() by using asynchronous I/O, but
it's very ugly.  I don't know if that's what BeOS designers want programs
to do or it's a pure limitation with no "secret message".  I never
bothered to ask.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin