Re: [PMH] Re: [Nautilus-list] Idea for Nautilus and GMC.
- From: Vladimir Vukicevic <vladimir ximian com>
- To: Eric Mitchell <emitchell altaira com>
- Cc: Elliot Lee <sopwith redhat com>, nautilus-list eazel com, mc gnome org, prion-me-harder ximian com
- Subject: Re: [PMH] Re: [Nautilus-list] Idea for Nautilus and GMC.
- Date: 26 May 2001 04:16:29 -0400
On 24 May 2001 10:19:56 -0400, Eric Mitchell wrote:
However, you could rig up an LD_PRELOAD shared library to handle
some useful system calls (open, unlink, etc.) and even go so far
as to ask for confirmation before doing anything "suspicious"
(opening files outside current directory, opening network port
to i.0wn.j00.net, etc.) It would still be a pain, but would
provide a potentially useful "sandbox" area in which to run an
application, without compromising the integrity of the system
as a whole.
Something which just came up (on slashdot, no less) is libsafe.. it
looks fairly interesting and might be useful for something like this.
LGPL'd to boot. this would at least maybe prevent the stack-smash-root-
] [Thread Prev