Re: "Cannot chmod target file"

Hi, Jason!

On Sat, 21 Jul 2001, Jason Skomorowski wrote:

I like Midnight Commander.  Except yesterday I was trying to copy some files
to a FAT partition with it.  It didn't work very well.

You forgot to mention the MC version and the OS name.  Just imagine
somebody reporting a problem in _your_ software without telling you the
version and the OS it's running on!

To list subscribers: what should we do about such messages?  It's getting
increasingly annoying, and I'm sorry for adding the messages with "my
frequently asked questions" to the list traffic.  Moving those question to
the private discussion is not a good idea - interesting facts in the end
of the discussion don't appear on the list.  On the other hand, it's
better to educate people than to ignore them.  Is there any good FAQ
describing how to report software problems?

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin