Re: OS/2 port

Hi, Anton!

3) It should be possible to compile MC with EMX using standard sources and
build process (configure; make) - like the Cygwin port.

Interesting.  That didn't work for me and I assumed that was why there
was an EMX-specific Makefile.  I'll look more closely at it.

You should try in with the latest snapshot from
http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/utils/file/managers/mc/snapshots/

It uses CVS version of Autoconf that has improved support for OS/2.
Please give more specific details when reporting problems.

The EMX-specific Makefile exists to compile MC with the files from the
"pc" directory that provide additional support for "pc features" such as
drives and DOS-style permissions.

If anybody wants to work on the OS/2 port (I mean fixing the problems, not
just testing) please speak out now.

Unfortunately, I don't know enough to be much help.  It would be nice
if someone from the UnixOS2 project at www.unixos2.org would get involved.

Anyway, your e-mail saves the OS/2 support for now (until mc-4.6).

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin