[MC BUG]-F4 creates files that it shouldn't

SUMMARY:

 Edit command (f4) in tar archives  creates files in the directory

HOW TO REPRODUCE

 Open mc ;)

 In the left/right panel - open any dir writable by yourself

 In the other panel - tap enter on any tar/tar.gz archive that has subdirs

 Now try to  edit (f4) such directory. You get an error message. That's OK

 Clear the error box by tapping ESC twice (That's what I used to do)

 Voila - in the other panel a file is created (zerosized, named as the directory
 from the archive that you have just tried to open.)

CONCERN

 Security: I am not a security guy but I think it might be relevant.
 EaseOfUse: Annoying.

--
Michal "Mikey" Szwaczko
Developer/Troubleshooter