F3/F4 display error?

mc gnome org                                                    12-8-2001

  I created a file named 1, it contained three bytes all are 0A.
I copied it to files named 1.2, 1.5 and 2. `ls' displays all as 3 bytes.

  When viewed by mc all files display as 3 bytes.
While 1 and 2 are viewed, when I press F3 the status bar displays 3 bytes,
pressing F4 (HEX view) it displays 3, 0A's

  While 1.2 and 1.5 are viewed, when I press F3 the status bar displays
66 bytes, pressing F4 (HEX view) 66, 0A's are displayed.  The other pane set
to `info' is correct.  It looks like the file name effects the F3/F4 display.

  mc version 4.5.55   (same with and 4.5.52a)
Slackware 8.0, 1 Gig Athelon, 1Gig DDR ram.  I am a 100% LINUX and just a user.

  73 (= Best Regards) de: Ron ka4inm qsl net  SENT Time and Date are UTC
      I upgraded to LINUX, the more I use it, the more I love it.
        It doesn't do everything for you, you must program it.
         Visit my HAM Web SITE at: http://www.qsl.net/ka4inm