Re: Midnight Commander 4.8.16 released

Hello Yury,

On Tue, 15 Mar 2016 09:13:05 +0100 (CET) "Yury V. Zaytsev" <yury shurup com> wrote:

On Tue, 15 Mar 2016, wwp wrote:

  --enable-vfs-mcfs

As it was already mentioned the last time, this option has been removed a long time ago.

BTW, does it mean that mcfs doesn't exist anymore?

Yes, it does mean that mcfs doesn't exist anymore.

Also, if aspell is not there, what's missing or chosen alternatively?

The option --enable-aspell is not active by default, and unless I'm mistaken, it only means that you don't
get aspell support in the editor.

If it is activated manually, but the aspell headers are not found, nothing is chosen alternatively, you
simply get an error.

(sorry for my former double-post, Yury)

I see, thanks for this clarification!

While I'm removing dust from my mc build options: I also noticed that
mcserv also vanished, I don't even remember what it was, but apparently
I don't miss it for years ;-).

I notice that when configuring with slang, the configure summary
doesn't mention it, whereas for ncurses it explicitely mentions it.
See for instance (w/ --with-screen=slang or no --with-screen, same
output here):

[snip]
Configuration:

  Source code location:       .
  Compiler:                   gcc -std=gnu99
  Compiler flags:              -fdiagnostics-show-option -Wbad-function-cast -Wcomment
-Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wfloat-equal -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wimplicit -Wignored-qualifiers
-Wmissing-braces -Wmissing-declarations -Wmissing-field-initializers -Wmissing-format-attribute
-Wmissing-parameter-type -Wmissing-prototypes -Wnested-externs -Wno-long-long -Wno-unreachable-code
-Wparentheses -Wpointer-arith -Wpointer-sign -Wredundant-decls -Wreturn-type -Wsequence-point -Wshadow
-Wsign-compare -Wstrict-prototypes -Wswitch -Wswitch-default -Wtype-limits -Wundef -Wuninitialized
-Wunreachable-code -Wunused-but-set-variable -Wunused-function -Wunused-label -Wunused-parameter
-Wunused-value -Wunused-variable -Wwrite-strings  -g -O2
  File system:                Midnight Commander Virtual Filesystem
                              cpio, extfs, fish, ftp, sfs, sftp, smb, tar
  Screen library:
  Mouse support:              gpm and xterm
  X11 events support:         yes
  With subshell support:      yes
  With background operations: yes
  Internal editor:            yes with aspell support
  Diff viewer:                yes
  Support for charset:        yes
  Search type:                glib-regexp

Regards,