Re: Midnight Commander 4.8.16 released

Le samedi 12 mars 2016 à 22:18 +0100, Yury V. Zaytsev a écrit :
Hi,

I'm delighted to announce the availability of the new mc-4.8.16! This
is
a maintenance release that includes a large number of bugfixes and a
few
minor new features.

Amongst the most user-visible changes, we have improved on the
usability
(hopefully!) of the "Find File" dialog: the unsymmetrical "Search for
content" checkbox is now gone; instead, leave the field empty and
notice
how related checkboxes will be automatically deactivated. To remind
you,
Ctrl+w clears the editboxes and Meta+h triggers the history drop-
down,
these are very handy shortcuts to make the most out of the new
dialog.

For a detailed list of changes since the last version, please refer
the release notes.

Download page: http://ftp.midnight-commander.org/?C=N;O=D
Release notes: http://www.midnight-commander.org/wiki/NEWS-4.8.16

This release was made possible thanks to the heroic work of Andrew
Borodin, a steady stream of fixes by Andreas Mohr, and contributions
from Mooffie of our friendly Lua-enabled fork fame (check it out!).

Finally, I would like to thank everybody who has contributed to this
release, including our dedicated translators, and to remind you that
we
are still very much underpowered to carefully review and integrate
patches in a timely manner, process bug reports and generally improve
on
our code base.

Enjoy!

Hi Yuri, all.

First, thanks to all of you for that release.

I’ve updated « my » packages on OpenSuSe Build Service to 4.8.16
for the following distros:

CentOS and Scientific Linux 6 i586 and x86_64.
CentOS and Scientific Linux 7 x86_64.
Fedora 20, 21, 22, i586 and x86_64.

I’ve used official tar.xz package, and mc was built with the
following options:
        --with-screen=slang \
        --enable-charset \
        --without-x \