Re: "mc is over!?" - post by Ilia Maslakov on Russian-speaking IT site

Another thing that occurred to me: to save on long term development costs, we should simplify the codebase and get rid of alternatives.

Slang and ncurses - keep one, drop the other

Glib regex and pcre - same

Charset: there are 5 possibilities handled by branches throughout the code (built with/without codeset support; if with: data is utf8 or 8bit, display is utf8 or 8bit) - let the most generic code branch handle all cases.

Plugins: IIRC some folks already asked for multiple possible languages to write plugins in - hell, no, choose one and stick to that.

Etc...

Let's not put things on meta level unless there's a good reason. Let's maintain 1 filemanager, not many at once.

e.

Sent from mobile