Re: [ANN] mc^2

Hello,

On Sun, 10 May 2015 15:13:17 +0300
Andrew Borodin <aborodin vmail ru> wrote:

On Sun, 10 May 2015 14:25:50 +0300 Paul Sokolovsky wrote:
the patch exists http://www.midnight-commander.org/ticket/1652 ,
and only held by exactly perfectionist attitudes and lack of more
general response.

I don't have words other than I wrote in ticket comments.

Yes, but beyond literal words you wrote (which is, sorry, nitpicking
and word-play of "hide" vs "remove"), your concern is "editor binary
safety". I replied that with last iteration, I did all due diligence to
minimize (in a real-world sense) possibility of mistaken line-endining
detection, but if you still consider that not good enough, I proposed
making the detection optional, and off by default. And that's where it
stuck, though there really would rather be further discussion. Another
obvious choice is that you (or someone else) propose the code to do it
"right". So please let's have further discussion - leaving it hang for
next 5 years is hardly helpful.

--
Andrew

--
Best regards,
 Paul                          mailto:pmiscml gmail com