Re: [ANN] mc^2

Hello,

On Thu, 7 May 2015 23:27:23 +0200
Egmont Koblinger <egmont gmail com> wrote:

Hi,

Did you... er... did you just rewrite half of mc... adding plugins and
stuff...??

It would be indeed cool to remove all that gnome-ish bloat accumulated
by decades, but - what a disappointment - home page says "that to
accomplish such feat there is no need to modify MC’s main code.".

Generally one good approach to deal with the situation would be to
rewrite mc completely in a scripting language. Extra points for using
language in which array indexing starts with e or pi, or going straight
to Brainfuck. No, I'm ironic with the last sentence on Lua choice, but I
really think the way out of the maze is rewriting mc from scratch, and
then surely in a decent scripting language.

At this moment all I can say is:  WOW!

e.