[ANN] mc^2

Hi guys!

I've just published a branch of MC with Lua support:

  http://www.typo.co.il/~mooffie/mc-lua/docs/html/

See the "screenshots" link.

Also see the "other documents" link for background (especially
"HISTORY").

Many, many tickets can be solved with mc^2, but I don't want to spam
the ticket queue with my posts, so I've prepared a list of some such
tickets (see "other documents" -> "TICKETS").

(But in a few tickets I *will* comment: in tickets I believe a
constructive discussion could ensue, or where I feel people are truly
in need of a solution.)

==

Now, I guess I'll be attacked for one reason or another. Let me save
your time by attacking myself for you:

==

Q: "Is this a 'fork' of MC? Are you trying to split the community?"

A: No, this is not a "fork" (as per Wikipedia's definition). It's intended
   to be "food for thought" for the MC community. My hope is that
   eventually the principle behind mc^2 will be adopted by MC.

==

Q: "Is seems that you've invested a lot of time in this. Gosh, why
    waste human resources?! Especially on something that nobody's
    going to use?"

A: The time I "waste" here is negligible in comparison to the time and
   efforts wasted by tens of people who have tried to contribute code
   to MC over the years.

   The principle behind mc^2, if adopted by MC, is going to put an end
   to this waste of human resources.

==

Q: "But why use Lua?!?! Why not pick the language that starts
    with 'P'?! Why not make it work with any language?!??!"

A: Let's not talk about languages/VMs *right now*. Please, as much as
   it's tempting.

   Right now, the language is not the issue. The issue is the
   principle, of having some extension language.

   The language/VM is obviously something everybody will have
   something to say about. You will. But not now.

   If every passerby here will now emit his "2 cents" opinion/rant,
   it will kill the vision/project. It will start a Holy War. It will
   derail the discussion from the mainroad to the gutters. It's the
   least constructive thing that could happen. It means death.

   In the future, when we know the principle will be regarded favorably
   by MC's maintainers, we could open this issue and discuss things.

   One thing's for sure: You can't give an opinion about the subject
   without considering it for at least a week (or a month, I'd say).
   There are various facets to consider. There are threads of thoughts
   to be picked and discarded. There are insights to be acquired. You
   can't just barge in with "use Python!!", "use Parrot!", "use
   GObject!". As the Chinese saying goes, "Opinions are like belly
   buttons: everybody has one". It should take more, much more, than
   an "opinion" to affect the discussion.

   So, again: let's not talk about languages now.

   (For the record: I recorded my reasons for choosing Lua in
   "other documents" -> "HISTORY".)