Re: Transifex and the manual files

On Mon, Jun 08, 2015 at 10:18:48PM +0200, Yury V. Zaytsev wrote:
[...]
I don't think you'd need to mess with autostuff though. As a first
approximation, I suppose the output could be two shell scripts:

- one would take the "reference" (English) man page template (man.x.in),
and convert it to a pot-file using the po4a tool with correct settings
- another one would take the translated po-file, and convert it back
into a man.x.in file, which would be suitable to generate the help files

See attached files:

make-update-po.sh

make-i10n.sh

these are pretty self-explanatory. The first create/update the .po file from
the reference man doc. After first run you should set a couple of thing to
actually enable doc creation. You have to set the .po doc encoding (UTF-8),
the language, the translator name and email address and un-fuzzy the headers.
The second get the main doc (man page) the .po translator file and merge into
the translated man page.
Put these two scripts in doc/man dir & make those executable.
Please save the old translation man pages for reference (I did a
cp it/mc.1.in it/mc.1.in.save
for example)

Use po4a version 0.45 or newer.

Regards,