Re: bad mc-edit paste behavior?

Hello,

On Mon, 16 Sep 2013 21:37:17 +0300
Paul Sokolovsky <pmiscml gmail com> wrote:

[]
Now I have two patches, if you apply both then Shift+Insert and
Ctrl+Shift+V should do the same (the expected behavior), and if
bracketed paste is supported by the terminal then the menu entry
will also do the same.

I'll give your patches a try as soon as time permits.

I just added comment to http://www.midnight-commander.org/ticket/2661
that my pretty comprehensive 10-day testing gave me lot of joy using
new paste, and no downs at all. Kudos Egmont, I hope the patches could
be merged into mainline soon!

Btw, it gave me worm feeling that comfortable, stress-free editing
(not a bunch of workarounds like it was since migrating from
Windows/FAR) with mcedit is really attainable. I filed:

http://www.midnight-commander.org/ticket/3080
"Paste from clipfile" unexpectedly doesn't move cursor

https://www.midnight-commander.org/ticket/3081
mcedit command to copy to X11 clipboard

for remaining things which gave me gripes with Copy&Paste. As usual, in
my (long) queue, but if someone was bitten by those too and can beat me
on them, please do! ;-)

--
Best regards,
 Paul                          mailto:pmiscml gmail com