Re: Trouble working with archives when login name has backslash in it

On Fri, 2010-09-17 at 21:05 +0400, Ivan Balashov wrote:

> I looked over the net trying to find a way to set temp folder with
> static value (without backslash), but could not find a remedy.

Probably the best remedy is to patch the code responsible for temp
folder name generation.

> Can anyone suggest a workaround for this problem? Should I raise a
> bug?

Yes, please.

There seems to be a number of other problems with temp path (see
Ubuntu / Debian bug tracker), so maybe they can also be solved in this
ticket.

--
Sincerely yours,
Yury V. Zaytsev