Trouble working with archives when login name has backslash in it

Hey guys,

Let me report an issue with mc that I've run recently on a new integration box.

Our company uses windows domain for authentication, and on all linux boxes users authorize as 'DOMAIN\username'.

The problem with such name is that mc loses the ability to work with archives (extract files from archives, edit files inside archives), since the temp folder it creates contains back slashes, and thus becomes unaccessible.

I looked over the net trying to find a way to set temp folder with static value (without backslash), but could not find a remedy.

Can anyone suggest a workaround for this problem? Should I raise a bug?

Thanks!

--
Kind Regards
 Ivan