Lazy behavior in Extfs

Hi Guys,
First of all I want to congratulate you for the excellent piece of software you develop. I use it all the time.

I'm in the process of creating a custom extfs for a special file type, and I was researching in the existing scripts to  get some examples. I was able to start doing some listings. But then I figured out that for all scripts mc calls them just once and they provide the full content for the entire file, and it seems mc parses the list using the "/" so it knows all the structure and it never invokes the script again.

It is acceptable for small to medium size files or files without a big depth, but it is not for big files containing a very deep structure.

So I was wandering if it is possible for mc to fetch content from extfs script in a lazy way. The first time I return the list at the root level, then when mc wants to enter in some of the entries it hits the script again with the file path plus the relative internal path. This way only the needed part of the file is loaded.

Is it possible some way? otherwise I should desist of using MC for this purpose :-( which should be a shame

Thank you so much in advance.
Gaston.