Re: Lazy behavior in Extfs

* Gastón Tonietti <gaston tonietti gmail com> schrieb:

Hi,

> Nice. It should be very useful to handle it this way. Is there any issue for
> tracking this improvement or we should open a new one?

None that I know of, to perhaps make a new feature-request ticket.

> The desired behavior should be to work with a single instance of the
> *service* for the given archive and keep it during all the MC session. This
> way all initialization work is done just once, the ideal scenario for LAZY
> processing. Also the *service* could listen for external changes made to the
> archive and ask MC for a refresh some way.

In this case you might like to have a look at the 1775_mvfs_9P branch:
it adds 9P support via libmvfs (a userland vfs library). You could dock
in your service either into libmvfs or as an separate 9P server (using
libmixpsrv or libs from plan9port).

cu

 phone:  +49 36207 519931  email: weigelt metux de
 mobile: +49 151 27565287  icq:   210169427         skype: nekrad666