technical question about branches

ok, so I have cloned mc repository:

  git clone git://midnight-commander.org/git/mc.git

now I want to work on ticket #1517

  git checkout -b 1517_collapse_a_treeview_dir_with_enter

I changed some file:

  git commit -a -m 'I am testing how git commit & push works'

Now I want to make it available for you. How?

  git push origin 1517_collapse_a_treeview_dir_with_enter

Do I need to make my own repo (github? gitorious?) so that you can
fetch from it?

Do I have an access to origin, because I made a trac account, and I'm
simply unaware of that?

Or should I `git format-patch master 1517_collapse_a_treeview_dir_with_enter` and attach it to tickets?

something else?
--
Janek Kozicki                               http://janek.kozicki.pl/  |