Re: Mc-devel Digest, Vol 66, Issue 5

Yury V. Zaytsev said:     (by the date of Wed, 06 Jan 2010 21:31:14 +0100)

> On Wed, 2010-01-06 at 16:33 +0100, Enrico Weigelt wrote:
>
> > libmvfs is actively maintained by me (and I dont see any reason for
> > abandoning it ever). As it's vital to several of my customer projects,
> > I'll always maintain it.
>
> If you want it to be an open project, why wouldn't you for starters
> create a simple webpage for it so that others can participate? So far
> it's just a semi-private (probably publicly accessible though) git repo
> that no one even knows about.
>
> > > Who's gonna support this pretty crucial piece of functionality then?
> >
> > Anyone can fork anytime.
>
> You didn't get my point. WHO is willing to fork it and maintain it if
> you are gone? Not me. No one knows about your project in the first
> place, that's the problem.

that's a chicken-egg question. everyone dies eventually. You guys
revived mc from death about 2 years ago. I took part in reviving
sawfish 4 years ago... life goes on. I consider this question a bit
unfair.

However the point about the lack of a website and general PR is fair ;)

That was ad-hoc comment, ignore if you wish ;-P