Re: Cocoa front end

Hello,

Looking at the code, it appears as though there may be some refactoring required to abstract the UI a bit more before trying to slap an objective-c gui on there (I write C++ almost exclusively nowadays and haven't been in the pure C world for quite some time :D). Does that seem like a reasonable statement to most?

A engine/GUI split was done at one point and we used to have a number of front-ends, one for GNOME, and one that used Tk.

The results were not pretty. The code became a mess, and the GUI model vs the terminal model just did not blend well.

It might be much better to start an effort from scratch in that case, you will end up with something that is better integrated into the core OS than trying to build a UI on top.