Re: Mc-devel Digest, Vol 66, Issue 5

On Sun, 2009-12-13 at 20:23 +0100, Enrico Weigelt wrote:

> actually, I'm writing on an MVFS backend for smb, so w/ MVFS
> support (which is awaiting votes for a long time now ;-o) MC
> will also get recent smb support.

My personal issue with mvfs is that it's basically an unsupported
project. It does not even have a website, not speaking about a developer
community. Your signature is not up to date, there's no mention of mvfs
on the main website that seems to be fallen far behind, nothing...

Let's assume that the patch gets into mc pretty soon. Last time you
disappeared for half a year or something like that. Who's gonna support
this pretty crucial piece of functionality then? No one.

Direct bindings to libsmbclient won't suffer from this problem, it's
been around for ages and it's very well supported.

Unfortunately, it does not seem to matter to you.

--
Sincerely yours,
Yury V. Zaytsev